Monday, April 13, 2009

My Dear Potli...cheers to more music

There is an interesting option in iTunes where you can see the Play Count. i.e no. of times a particular song is played on your iPod. Yesterday night I arranged all the songs according to the Play Count order, so here’s a list of 5 top songs on my “Potli” (that’s what I call my iPod)


1. Nayan Tarse
Album: DevD
Play Count: Almost 100
Music: Amit Trivedi

My one-liner: if Wong Kar Wai told us what it takes to be “In the Mood of Love” then Nayan Tarse tells us what it takes to be in “In the Mood of a Mood”




2. De Usuahia a la Quiaca
Album: The Motorcycle Diaries
Play Count: 82
Music: Gustavo dada

My one-liner: So what changed Ernesto Guevara - It wasnt that motorcycle trip - neither the Leper colony nor the miners - it was Gustavo's music! Once he had heard that in the background - the change was inevitable...



3. Rehna Tu
Album: Delhi 6
Play Count: 77
Music: AR Rahman

My one-liner: Rahman Rehna Tu hai jaisa tu…



4. Don’t Let me be Misunderstood
Album: Kill Bill
Play Count: 74
Artist: Santa Esmeralda

My one-liner: If Vijay Anand’s film had a cabaret in today’s days – then it would have been this song. “Coz I am just a soul whose intentions are good…”

And the wonderful start: Clap, clap, clap, clap – going from the right earphone to left, left to right…. and it goes on…



5. Yenna Salla Pogirai

Album: Kandukondain Kandukondain
Play Count: 68
Music: AR Rahman
Singer: Shankar Mahadevan

My one-liner: if there is an example of the two biggest names in music coming together, then it has to be this song. Accordian, clap, accordian, clap and the strings....



And by the way today happens to be also the “first half” anniversary of “Potli” i.e 6 months. Cheers to more music, dear Potli!

No comments: